I've been thinking of getting a flash since i get my Baby Nikon D90.
So after months of struggling finally i got 2 selection on my hand.
It's either the Nikon SB - 600 or Nissin Di - 662.
Nikon SB 600
|Electronic Construction||Automatic Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) and series circuitry|
|Flash Exposure Control||TTL automatic control with Nikon F5, F100, F80, F75, and FM3A; Manual control; i-TTL Balanced Fill-Flash with Nikon D2X, D2Hs, D70, F6; D-TTL Balanced Fill-Flash with Nikon D1, D2 series or D100|
|Guide Number||Approx. 30/98 (at 35mm setting) at ISO 100|
|Flash Coverage||Automatic 24 to 85mm zoom; 14mm with built-in wide flash adapter|
|Recycling Time||Approx. 3.5 sec. with AA Alkaline manganese batteries, 4 sec. with AA lithium batteries|
|Number of Flashes||Approx. 200 (Alkaline) 400 (Lithium)|
|Weight (without battery, memory card or body cap)||Approx. 10.6 oz.|
|Other Features||Modeling flash, LCD panel illumination, Color filter set|
|Dimensions||Approx. 68.0 x 123.5 x 90mm (2.7 x 4.8 x 3.5 in.)|
|Power Requirements||Four AA-size batteries|
|Supplied Accessories (may differ by country or area)||Speedlight Stand AS-19, Soft Case SS-600|
|Film Speed Range in TTL auto flash mode||ISO 25 to 1,000|
- Usable camera : CANON digital camera, NIKON digital camera
- Guide Number : 44m, 145ft. (ISO 100), 62m, 205ft. (ISO 200)
- Variable power : 6 levels : Full - 1/2 - 1/4 - 1/8 - 1/16 - 1/32 powers
- Flash exposure control : E-TTL and E-TTL II for Canon cameras / i-TTL for Nikon cameras
- Power source : 4X LR6 or equivalent Mi-MH, lithium, oxyride batteries
- Recycling time : 0.2 -4.7 sec., with fresh alkaline batteries / 0.2 -4 sec., with Ni-MH batteries
- Energy saving system : 5 minutes to stand-by mode, 30 minutes to shut down
- Number of flashes : 200-1500 flashes by fresh alkaline batteries
- Illumination angle : Digital lens : 16mm (14mm with wide angle diffuser)
- by zooming reflector :
to - 18 - 24 - 35 - 47 - 57 - 70mm
Traditional lens : 28mm (20mm with wide angle diffuser)
to - 28 - 35 - 50 - 70 - 85 - 105mm
- Turning head : 90?? upward, 90?? to left, 180?? to right
- Slave mode :
Slave sync : with respect to the digital pre-flash system
Power level : same as the variable power above
- AF Assist light : Infrared LED for distance of 0.7 to 6 meter.
- Color temperature : 5,600K (same as daylight)
- Flash duration : 1/800sec. to 1/20,000sec.
- Camera contact : Hotshoe only (not compatible with the traditional hotshoe system)
- Accessories included : Shoe stand, pouch
- Dimensions : 77(W) x 130(D) x103(H) mm / 30(W) x 51(D) x 40(H) inches
- Weight : 315g (without battery) / 11oz